The title says it all really. No hidden ingredient in there. Just a plain old crazy weird combination of ingredients, which OF COURSE works great. Otherwise it wouldn’t be posted here.
This is another one of those ‘let’s empty out our cabinets’ recipe. I love it when I find out that I’m a tiny bit creative after all. Try and make it, really, as random as it sounds, it’s an awesome, fresh, surprisingly summery salad. I feel like such a pioneer.
Bulgur salad with peas and peach
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 or 2 peaches
- 1 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
1. Cook the bulgur in 1 1/2 cups salted water, covered, until all the water is absorbed. Remove from heat, stir, and let cool. In the meantime, cook the frozen peas in boiling water according to package directions.
2. Slice (or dice) the peach. Combine all the ingredients in a salad bowl. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated.
- This salad keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days, isn’t it amazing? Yeah, I know.
- Did I mention that it’s vegan?
Source: clementinecuisine original.